Steel Press Installation
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Service: Heavy Lifting & Rigging, Logistics Management
Industry: Steel Fabrication
Components: Steel Press, with the heaviest piece weighing 75,000 lbs.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Coordinate logistics from port of Charleston to manufacturer location.
- Remove component from custom crating for overseas shipment.
- Set bottom piece into recessed concrete floor.
- Assemble side structures of press.
- Set top component on press.
- Install overhead crane inside facility.
- Collaborate with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) installation team to complete install.
This large press required specialized equipment and labor to complete this installation. These resources were unavailable to the customer to complete this job efficiently and safely. There are only 7 Nieland 1000 SBP’s sold and installed globally, each year, making this a unique installation.
We used our specialized 65-ton trilifter to complete this install, which was the most efficient and cost-effective way to execute this job. We were able to control cost by using one piece of specialty equipment, rather than multiple different pieces of equipment for each move. We also installed an overhead crane while on site with our specialty equipment.
ProLift Rigging is a solution based, full-service rigging and transport organization. With our rigging capabilities and industry experts, we serve a wide variety of industries across the country. We specialize in machinery moving, industrial maintenance, transportation, storage, and much more. We partner with our customers to ensure their success through our proactive, proficient, and professional approach.